- arguments for and against assessment
- Are we assessing students or assessing teachers?
I never let schooling interfere with my education.
Education must provide the opportunities for self-fulfillment; it can at best provide a rich and challenging environment for the individual to explore, [in their own way].
- Symbolic Modeling:
- We think in metaphors – it’s apparent in our language.
- A person’s understanding of the world is rooted in their symbolic landscape.
- Different learners have different metaphorical conceptions.
- Clean language:
- MAPS: Metaphors, Assumptions, Paradigms, or Sensations
- Different ways of saying the same thing:
- As teachers / coaches / counselors, we can be most effective by recognizing others’ symbolic metaphors and working from there.
- As teachers, our job is not to impose our metaphors on others.
- Clean Language offers a few standard question forms (“clean questions”) for maximizing growth in understanding.
Clean Language in the Classroom¶
Software for Learning¶
CMS: Content Management System¶
LMS: Learning Managment System¶
LRS: Learning Record Store¶
SIS: School Information System¶
Teaching as a Profession¶
- We can learn from anyone.
- Some people are good at teaching.
Master of Education¶
Master of Education is a graduate-level degree earned in a university.
- e.g. Finland requires all teachers to have Master of Education degrees.