Like the rest of this documentation set, this is not to be taken as financial advice; or advice of any kind.
- Gross Revenue
- Net Revenue: revenue after [returns, chargebacks, ...]
A Capitalization table (Cap table) lists ownership stakes in a [new] venture.
A stock option is a type of Option.
Employee Stock Option¶
Buy and Hold¶
- Value investing is a Buy and Hold investing strategy / style.
- Daytrading is not Buy and Hold investing
High Frequency Trading¶
Stock Market Crash¶
- Data Science (for more domain-independent analyses)
conda install pandas
- Yahoo! Finance
- Google Finance
- World Bank
- EDGAR Index
QuantLib-Python is one wrapper library / language binding for QuantLib.
There are many language bindings for QuantLib:
Quantopian is a crowd-sourced hedge fund.
- Quantopian offers free hosted IPython notebooks with pandas, Zipline, and minutely data from 2002 for algorithmic backtesting and live-trading.
- You own your intellectual property.
- You can choose to share your research and algorithms with the
community; who can clone and modify at will.
- Sample Mean Reversion algorithm: https://www.quantopian.com/algorithms/56f32bbf633c20776d000108
- 100 most-popular cloned algorithms: https://www.quantopian.com/posts/community-algorithms-migrated-to-quantopian-2
- Zipline does backtesting. (“How would this trading algorithm have perfomed based upon historical data?”)
- Zipline does live-trading. (“When to buy/sell?”)
- Quantopian hosts zipline (and other components).